2.25.2009

tomato garlic pasta


I love pasta. I love cooked tomatoes. I love garlic.
1/2 a bag of your favorite pasta
1-2 cups of your favorite tomatoes, chopped-- or you can used a can of diced tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup of jarred spaghetti sauce (optional...I like it because I love sauce, definitely not needed if using canned tomatoes)
1/4 cup chopped parsley (or multiple dashes of dried parsley)
Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional, but highly recommended)
Olive Oil
Cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain and let pasta sit in colander. Using the same pot, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat and add garlic, tomatoes and parsley. Cook until tomato skins are wrinkly, 3-5 minutes. Return pasta to the pot and add spaghetti sauce. Stir until heated through. Serve with cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment