2.08.2009

cherry chocolate cake

Yesterday was my husband's birthday and a cake was absolutely necessary in my opinion. I decided on my Aunt Wendie's Cherry Chocolate cake. However, Tyler prefers raspberries to cherries. I had never tried raspberry with this recipe, but I figured it wouldn't change it much.

Here is the recipe, for a single layer cake (which is yummier. I promise):

Cake:

  • 3/4 can cherry pie filling
  • 1 box chocolate cake
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup oil

Beat together until well mixed. Fill pan with batter and bake according to box.

Frosting:

  • Remaining cherry pie filling
  • 1 box powdered sugar
  • 1 cube Butter
  • 4 Tbsp Cocoa
  • 1 tsp Almond Extract

Mix all ingredients well. Pour over cake.

For Layer Cake:

Same ingredients for batter. Beat until well mixed. Divide between two circular or square pans. Bake according to box.

Filling:

Use remaining pie filling and spread in between cake layers.

Chocolate Frosting:

  • 1 box powdered sugar
  • 5-6 Tbsp Cocoa
  • 1/4 cup Milk
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 cube Butter

Beat and frost cake.

For some reason, my cake came out a little dryer than usual. Not sure what to blame this on, but I have made the recipe before and never had that problem. Oh, and it's a perfect Valentine's Cake. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment