2.09.2009

italian chicken

We can thank my family for this gem. I make it a lot. I swear it tastes better than my picture looks ;)

Chicken (as much or as little as you want, any kind)
Wishbone Italian Dressing (at least 1/3 bottle)
Lee & Perins Worcestershire Sauce
Butter
Dried Thyme


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut chicken into good size chunks (I do this because it cooks faster, but not necessary). Place in glass baking dish. Pour in Italian Dressing until dressing is at least 1/2 way up the side of the chicken, and make sure you get some on top. Add 20-30 dashes or Worcestershire sauce, you want it to be a dark golden brown when done. Place a small pat of butter on each chicken piece. Add salt, pepper and thyme leaves, generously. Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.


***By the way, I am a food snob when it comes to Italian Dressing and Worcestershire Sauce. I can't do generic.

1 comment:

  1. We do something similar but it is cooked on the grill. You marinate the chicken in the dressing overnight and then before it is done you add the worcestershire sace. I LOVE it! I will have to give your way a try it looks equally yummy and then I dont have to wait for Ryan to be here to cook it on the grill.

    ReplyDelete