1.09.2009

hobo dinner

* not my picture, but looks pretty accurate

I thought it would be appropriate to kick this blog off with a dinner whose title symbolizes what this blog is all about.

Before you knock it, try it! I got this recipe (if you want to call it that) from my mom. Where she got it? Not sure. But it's good and every man who has ever tried it has loved it. Just thought you might want to know ;) I think it's because when they eat it they feel like they are camping.

serves: 3(easily increased, just add more meat)
total time: 50 minutes
estimated total price (not including things every household has on hand): $ 7

1 lb ground meat
1/2 onion
1/2 pkg baby carrots
7 red potatoes OR 3 baking potatoes

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cover baking sheet with tin foil (easy clean-up. yay!)
3. Form ground meat into patties and place them on baking sheet. (if you know a way to make patties yummy, do it here)
4. Spread carrots out across the baking sheet.
5. Chop onion and potatoes and spread across baking sheet.
6. Season with S & P and a little Tony's or your favorite seasonings.

7. Cover with foil.
8. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until carrots are soft.

Serve with ketchup or your favorite steak sauce.

This recipe is very easy to improvise with. I have added things like garlic and celery to it before. It's great to add whatever veggie that is on it's last leg in your fridge.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. This is the coolest blog ever! I never know what to cook...when I decide to cook. I love it. I am impressed that you would be so nice to help us all out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the new blog. It will help me with ideas. Gotta try the chicken tacos. We actually just had hobo dinners last week!

    ReplyDelete